Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy 6 Month Birthday Gray!


Dear Graylon,

Happy 6 month birthday! I am so proud of you. It seems like you have grown and learned more this month than any before. You are really into me which I absolutely love. It may also be because you have been sick for the past two weeks, but you are such a happy baby despite your sickness. You are definitely more vocal. You laugh, squeal, and hum and I think your laugh is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. Sometimes, I don't know if you are laughing or if you are upset because it sounds the same. You started eating rice cereal and a tried a few fruits and veggies earlier this month but the doctor took you off of food altogether until we can get you healthy again. You smile every time I say "Wow" when I am bragging on you (I got that from your Daddy) and I can get you to smile pretty much any time I want. On Labor Day, you shocked us all...you got your first tooth! It is so much fun to now watch you suck on your bottom lip and push your tongue through your lips to feel of the new thing in your mouth. You are almost ready to sit up by yourself. You can do it for maybe a few seconds and then you topple over. I love to watch you in your crib in the morning or after you wake up from naps. You roll around everywhere and now you are starting to get up on all fours and rock back and forth. I think one of your favorite things to do is after you get your diaper changed on your changing table, I let you grab my fingers and I pull you up to a stance. You immediately look to your left at the mirror and start smiling. You love to stand in front of it and look at yourself. There are hand prints all over the mirror and I don't even want to clean them off. You have gone to daycare a total of three days...the first three days you started. After that is when you got sick and your haven't been back yet. You loved daycare and your teacher Ms. Rita. She is so sweet and good to you. She was so excited to see you the three days I dropped you off. We have had a trying time with your Daddy being gone some with his new job, but we are so thankful for the great opportunity that he has in his new job. You enjoyed your first Georgia Bulldogs football game on TV and also enjoyed your first tailgate the very next weekend. You have started laying your head on my chest when you get tired. It melts my heart and I think your Daddy and I secretly always want to put you to bed because we know you like to cuddle. It has been an amazing month and I feel so blessed to be your mother. You are my little "mister" and I love you way up to God!

Love,
Mommy

PS - Happy Birthday to Heather Lynn and my sweet niece Michaela! She is now a teenager! Happy Anniversary to Carl and Vickie aka Pop and Granna! Gray is so blessed to have you all in his life.

1 comment:

granna said...

Too too sweet. Gray is lucky to have such an awesome mom! (and daddy too!)