Monday, December 7, 2009

Birthday Party and Winterville Community Christmas and Santa

I know that we haven't posted any pictures or talked about Thanksgiving yet, but since I wasn't with Mike or Gray in Kentucky, I will let Mike blog about Thanksgiving.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving was a fun filled day, not to mention a very anticipated day. When I got back from my trip from Hattiesburg, MS with the team on Sunday morning at 4 a.m., I immediately got in my car and drove to White, GA to see my two favorite people, Mike and Gray. It was the longest time I had ever been away from my baby boy and it was no easy task. I will never forget how happy I was to have Graylon in my arms again.

Once Graylon got up that morning from a nap, we all headed to Dalton for a 75th surprise birthday party for my Grandma Frances. She was so surprised! We got to visit with a lot of our family and friends. Graylon got to meet several people for the first time too. This day was also my Grandma Ophia's 71st birthday and we got to visit with her as well. Here are some photos from that day.


The birthday girl and her great grandson...Happy 75th birthday Granny Franny!


Jolie, Jordan, Gray, Jocey, Michaela, Grandma Frances, and Paul all hanging out on the couch.


This doesn't happen too often. Grandma Sharon is lovin' being with all three of her grandbabies.


Jocey watches Gray with his first balloon experience.


Anna Kate Swiney, Gray, and Jocey...how cute!?!


The other birthday girl and two of her grandkids...Happy 71st birthday Grandma Ophia!


Uncle Brandon cracks Gray up all the time.


Jocey is so attached to Baby Gray and she likes to help out whenever she can.


Granna was in the middle of telling Gray something important.


Gray loves his big cousin Michaela. She is so good with him.


The Crew (Jocey's expression is priceless!)


I couldn't resist this picture. Where does Jocey get her smile you ask? She gets it from her mama!


Gray and cousin Jocey playing together in Grandma Sharon's toy box.

This past Friday, we heard that Winterville was having a Christmas gathering in "downtown" with free food, train rides, and a visit with Santa Claus. We thought we would get bundled up and go see what all the hype was about. There was defintely hype. When we got there, everyone else had already arrived. I bet there was about 1000 people there and for the little town of Winterville, this was a lot. We got in line to see Santa but quickly realized that the line was barely moving and Gray would only last until about 8:30 or 9, so we took some pictures and took in the atmosphere and then headed back home. It was a great evening and it really got us in the Christmas spirit. Below are some pictures from that evening.


Gray was bundled up tight.


My sweet baby boy and I love the color green.


Gray was taking in all the Winterville festivities.

On Saturday, we headed to Georgia Square Mall bright and early hoping to beat the crowd to see Santa Claus. We did. We only had to wait a few minutes, and Graylon did so great with Santa. He kept looking up at him trying to figure him out. It was so cute. Gray also had his first shopping experience at Toys 'R Us. I had to take his and Mike's picture outside of the store. It is below as well as the picture of Gray and Santa.


That's Gray in the stroller.


He looks so big and so proud.

2 comments:

Granna said...

Whew! you three are just too busy - but I love it! Thanks for keeping us all in your busy life!

Grandma Sharon said...

You can tell he's been a good little boy this year!