Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanksgiving...Yeah, Yeah, I Know it's December

There are no excuses. I've been a slacker. I was the only parent of Gray's to be with him on Thanksgiving, thus, I am the only parent able to blog about it. So here it is...a few weeks late. Sorry.

It all started on Wednesday. I needed to go through my mailbox at the Dalton office, so Gray didn't go to daycare. Instead, we headed for Meemaw's house. She watched Graylon while I got a little work done. Once I was finished we waited on Granna, Pop, Aunt Caryn, and Uncle J to come up from White. We met them on the interstate and headed to Kentucky to see Gran Gran and Grandpaw and the rest of the Kentucky crew. Gray hadn't been to Kentucky in 4 months, so he was fired up!

We got in late, but Gran Gran was still up waiting on us. The festivities had just begun. The next day, there was plenty of food (turkey, dressing, broccoli casserole, and vidalia onion cobbler, just to name a few), plenty of football, plenty of Wii, and plenty of photos. Of course a game of dominoes broke out, and Gray's second cousins were cute as could be. We headed back out Friday late, and Gray handled the 4 and a half hour car ride like a champ. He is such a good boy, and I was honored to show him what our family's Thanksgiving traditions are all about. Enjoy the pictures below.


Grandpaw was giving Gray some pearls of wisdom.


Abby with Kyleigh and Gray. Second cousins born just two days apart.


Gray and Gran Gran having "a moment."


Kyleigh, Brev, and Gray taking time out of their busy schedule to pose for a pic.

5 comments:

Granna said...

Thanks Mike - Just in time for Christmas !! Love it.

Granna said...

Mike...it's been 2 weeks!
Love ya!

granna said...

Mike...it's been 3 weeks !
Love ya!

Granna said...

Happy one-month anniversary of your last blog ! Love you!

Granna said...

I miss the blog.....