Thursday, May 21, 2009

Letter to Graylon


First of all, this is Gray's mama again. I must say before I get going with this, I stole this idea from our very good friend, Mary Beth (Lycett) Smart. She has a blog about her twins Weston and Julia, and she writes letters to each of her babies periodically to tell them how they are growing and changing. So here is my go at this...

Dear Graylon,

Happy 2 month birthday! I can't believe it has been 2 months already. We are so thankful that God gave us you. I have learned so much about you and there are so many things that I love about you. I love how you look at me. I feel like you are looking into my soul when you stare into my eyes. I love studying your face and all your little parts. I love how your hair stands up for an entire day after you have a bath and how you have two cowlicks at your hairline in the front. Your favorite part of a bath is getting your hair washed. I love your long eyelashes that you get from your daddy and a few extra long ones that you get from your Aunt Caryn. I love the dimple that you have in your chin. We call it a sugar bowl. Sometimes you fall asleep with your eyes open and you make funny faces. I love the "concerned" look that you give as you try and figure it all out. Your lips are shaped so beautifully with the little humps. You have hair everywhere...on your arms, on your back, on your ears, on your head, and even on your fingers. You have the cutest little booty I have ever seen. You are a quick fix most of the time. You cry when you are hungry, when you are tired, when you want to be held after you are all played out, and sometimes when you need your diaper changed. I love how there are sometimes that you can't get your paci in your mouth fast enough, and then sometimes that same paci makes you gag and make a face like it had been dipped in Nyquil. I love talking to you when you are laying on your back playing. You smile almost anytime you hear my voice (which melts my heart every time). I love how you follow me with your eyes when I walk by you in the bouncy chair or when you are laying on your play mat. I love how you kick your legs and wave your arms and how you are responding to me with your sweet coos. I feel like I am figuring you out and how you like things. I know that when you are tired you like to be held tight with one arm tucked under my arm and your head resting on my arm while I pat your booty and make a "shush" sound in your ear. This works every time. You like to be rolled up tight when you sleep. I love your grunting sounds when you are trying to get your arms out. When you finally get them out, you love to sleep with them above your head. You sometimes startle yourself when you move your arms and wake yourself up. We have started letting you sleep in your crib in your room during the day and you have graduated out of the bassinet to just sleeping in the pack n play in our room at night. Two nights ago, you actually slept for the longest stretch so far in your life. You ate at 7:30 p.m., got a bath, went to sleep in your crib, and didn't wake up until 4:15 a.m. We were so proud of you. It won't be long until we let your crib be your permanent sleeping place. You are eating about 3 oz. at every meal...sometimes a little more. You burps are loud and sound like your dad's sometimes. You are not afraid to pass gas in front of everyone and you don't seem to mind when you do it on your mommy and daddy. You have just found your left hand and you have started sucking on it. It is so cute. I love everything about you. I am so proud to call you my little baby and I can't wait to learn so much more about you.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

granna said...

Great job Heather! Can you believe he is already two months old ?? Time flies! Love Granna

Grandma Sharon said...

Heather, I loved the letter to our precious baby Gray. He is so very blessed to have you as his mommy....as I am blessed to be yours. Grandma Sharon

Caryn said...

That one got me! Definitely cryin' at work! So sweet!

marybethsmart said...

So sweet... you are the one making me cry now! Thanks for the shout out :)
MB