Thursday, April 16, 2009

Visitors Galore




Thursday has been a day of visitors of all ages. Some time before noon, our friend Katie Collins
and her 4 month old, Mack, came by to visit. They brought us lunch in the form of Chik-Fil-A. They also brought a large box of diapers. It was great to see them. Little Mack has a great smile, and Katie was an excellent source of tips and advice.

After they left, Heather headed out for her doctor's appointment. She had received an excellent report from Dr. Thompson, and after going to that office so often over the past nine months, Heather's next appointment is not for another year. We were so blessed that Heather carried Graylon for nine months, delivered him, and recovered with such success. I am so proud of how well she did. I know she'll be an excellent mother, and I can't wait to be proud of the things she'll do in the future.

Once she arrived home, we welcomed Polly and Ishan into our house. They were our next-door neighbors when we lived at Brighton Park Apartments. They now live in Lawerenceville. Polly's husband and Ishan's dad, Rick, was unable make the trip because of work. They also brought gifts. Books, toys, onesies, and a blanket were all in a big goody bag. Ishan has grown so much. He talks like a grown up. He asked insightful questions, and he seemed genuinely interested in little Gray. He turns 5 next month.

I'll be getting in the tub with Graylon tonight. We hope for a solid night's rest afterward. I say hope because he seems to be in a full-out growth spurt. Two nights ago he woke and ate at 12:30, 2:00, 4:00, and then 7:30. This time in between jobs for me has been such a blessing. What was once such a scare, is still a concern, but in the same respect is such a wonderful comfort. We are both so involved. Every day is Saturday to us, and we are so thankful to be able to live the way we do. We are well aware that these days won't last forever, but we are overjoyed at the opportunity to live these days while we can. Please keep my job search in your prayers while I continue to pursue a new job. I still have the luxury of being picky,(although I really haven't had the opportunity to do so) but I am eager to find a job that I'll be truly happy in.

One of these days I'll film again. We expect more visitors this weekend, so I'm sure I'll film a little bit then. Until then, enjoy a few more pictures. Talk to you all again real soon.


I'm starting to figure out that these hands are mine...all mine!



Heather, is he asleep yet?



This post brought you by Nike...Just Do It.



"You got the right one baby!"

No comments: