Thursday, August 27, 2009

Awkward Sleeping Positions and Green Beans

I haven't intentionally taken this long to blog. I was so proud of the last blog's video that I wanted it to headline as long as possible. This has been a very fun and memorable week. I start work with Liberty National Insurance next week, so this is my last week bumming around Daddy Day Care. I've had one of the most extreme cases of cabin fever of all time, but I'm not looking forward to giving another soul the responsibilities I've owned the past 5 months. I knew all along that this situation would not carry on forever, but now that it's here, I'm not pumped. I'm a tough guy though, and I'll be fine. We've spent more time wrestling this week, and Gray promised less poopy messes. We've had a blast.

This week has had it's fair share of milestones. Gray's sleeping habits and positions are ever-changing. He prefers his side and tummy now, but will occasionally mix in a back nap. He likes to root his face into the corner of the back of the crib and the mattress. Of course, I had to lay a hand on him a million times to make sure his breathing was not affected. He's sleeping harder and therefore growing a ton!

On Wednesday our friend, Shannon, came by to visit Graylon for the second time in his short life. She was smitten like a kitten. We ate dinner, and then she got to see Gray's bedtime routine. She also posed for a picture, and it's below.

I've also really wanted to get spoon food going with Gray this week. If I or Heather don't get it done, then it means that more than likely MeeMaw or Granny Franny will be trying next week while I train in Dalton. Or, the folks at the day care will be introducing him to bananas and green beans. Both scenarios aren't the way I would want if I could choose. I would prefer I or Heather do it. So we're REALLY trying to get Gray to love some green beans in the video posted on this site. Rice cereal is not cooperating with our boy so we skipped right into the beans. He did well. See for yourself.

Enjoy the pictures too. Bare with us between posts. I won't have our computer in Dalton while I train next week. I will, however, have Graylon and the camera. I may figure out a way to blog something. On this same subject, keep Heather and I in your prayers as Heather spends the majority of next week in Winterville without her boys. I'm training in Dalton while Gray spends time with a combination of grandparents to help us save one week's worth of day care tuition. We'll be reunited in no time. The "time" part is what we're not looking forward to though. In the end we will be just fine. Enjoy the pics in the meantime.


I told the most hilarious knock-knock joke. Gray is such a sucker!


"You talkin' to ME?"


Shannon offered to babysit like 100 times. I think Mr. Graylon charmed her socks off.


One of those new sleep positions I was referring to. He's in deep, deep sleep here...for real.


This was the moment he had anything with flavor in his mouth for the first time. Who wouldn't be smiling?

2 comments:

Rick, Kelly, and Averie Raye said...

love it! He is so cute and you know if you ever need a babysitter, Averie Raye would LOVE to get her hands on Gray. She just might not ever let go. You guys can do it! If I can live through sending Averie to preschool (I know it isn't a whole week but we all know how I am when it comes to leaving Averie) you guys can do it! I will be praying for you guys though! Stop by and say hello on your way!

granna said...

Uga picture day was great but thanks for the new post. I must have checked a dozen times yesterday! Gotta love the green beans! Have fun in D-town.