Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Week of the Roll Over

We had another great week with Graylon accomplishing a couple of firsts. He rolled over from back to tummy and from tummy to back. He's done the tummy to back before, but only when we had tucked his arms up under him to help him prop his head up. This week he did it from the normal crawling position. The back-to-tummy roll kind of freaked me out a little. I laid him on a blanket in the floor on his back while I was folding some laundry and watching golf. Next thing I know, I look down at him a few minutes later and he is on his tummy. I totally missed it.

Missing it was kind of the theme for his roll over firsts. Earlier, he was on his belly in the floor and just talking away. I thought I'd grab the camera and catch it for the blog. Once I started rolling the camera, he stopped talking as much. I kept going though, just in case. When he continually didn't do anything I started talking to him. As I got in position to do some up close talking, he rolled over. The camera only caught his feet in the air on the roll. I captured it, but I didn't. I was glad to have the moment recorded, even though it wasn't the most accurate camera pointing in the world.

We are headed today to Jonesboro to attend the wedding of a coworker of Heather's, La'keshia Frett. Aunt Caryn and Uncle J are getting their first baby sittin' gig with Graylon. Granna will probably show up as well as many of Caryn's friends, so Gray gets to be a celebrity today. We are so glad to have family around to allow us to go to the wedding as a couple. We'll surely miss him, but it will only be a handful of hours.

Graylon took several cute pictures this week. The famous "almost" video is posted. Included too is a quick video of him in his Bumbo seat. His neck is super strong and he can concentrate on his hands a lot easier while in it. He's growing up right in front of our eyes.


Graylon relaxing after a hard day's work.


"Mom, seriously? You're stilllllll taking pictures?"



No coincidence that the pillows are yellow, and his outfit has yellow in it.


He looks really long from head to toe in this picture. He's pushing 5 feet tall I think.




1 comment:

Granna- said...

love the blog - and loved seeing you all again yesterday! Hope you had fun @ the wedding. I sure had fun playing with Gray!