Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Routines, They are a Changin'

As you can tell by the five day gap between posts, our routine has been thrown off just a bit lately.

Since the last post, we had lunch out at Sandy Creek Park in Athens. We then traveled to Canton/White, GA on Friday to help move my parents into their new home. We then continued north to Dalton to surprise MeeMaw for her Over-The-Hill-40th birthday on Saturday. Then Sunday we traveled across town to visit with Grandma Sharon, Granny Franny and Paul. Later that afternoon we came back to Winterville for a new routine starting the following Monday.

Monday brought Heather's first day back at work. That meant that Daddy Day Care was officially up and open for business. I didn't fear difficulty; I was only concerned for Heather's well being. I knew she was dreading this day. To ease the transition, Gray and I took Mommy out on a lunch date to the park. The name of the park escapes me, but for those of you from Athens, it's the one behind the church on Milledge Avenue. We took sandwiches and Heather got to hold Gray and get some loving. Daddy and Gray Day #2 also was broken up by going to see Mommy at work because I had a dentist visit at noon. Again, Mommy got to break up her day with Gray, and this time, she got to show him off at work. Both new-routine-days went by without a hitch. Gray's behavior has been great, and he's really made it as easy as possible on both Heather and I. I feel very blessed to have had these days of just us. We missed Heather a whole lot, but the Mommy-side of my parenting skills are getting a well needed workout. This new routine has made me a better Dad. And likewise, I think Heather is getting the whole absence-makes-the-heart-grow-fonder bit down pat. She has gobbled Gray up each evening when she gets home, and she lights up like a light bulb.

We are all doing great, though, and we can't wait to see what change awaits us next. Check out a few more pictures we snapped since we last talked. Talk to you all sooner than 5 days from now...I promise.


Who needs a booster seat or high chair...not me!


Mother and son enjoying the beautiful weather at Sandy Creek Park.


Gray and Pop Pop hanging out (literally for Gray) after MeeMaw's birthday bash.


Granny Franny and Paul teaching Graylon a thing or two.


Grandma Sharon took a priceless nap with her grandson.

1 comment:

granna said...

Love it !! Graylon gets more adorable every day. Thanks Daddy Day Care for keeping us all in the loop. Love you! Granna