Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Since the Last Post...

Well I one-up'd Heather. I now have two days without Gray under my belt, and believe me, I am NOT bragging about it.

Late Friday night Grandma Sharon arrived in Winterville. She was coming to spend some good quality one on one time with her grandson. To us, she was babysitting and being a huge help, but to her, it was paradise. To quote her thank you note after she left..."I wish every day could be like yesterday and today." We needed the babysitter because my brother-in-law to be, Uncle J-Bird, was having a golf getaway bachelor party about 45 minutes north of us in Homer, GA. I was to arrive at the course around 9:00 Saturday morning, and I headed back to Graylon around 3 pm the next day. It was the longest I had been away from him, and although the golf trip was a blast, the time without Graylon was not cool. At the same time, Aunt Caryn was having her girls' night out in Athens, and Heather was in attendance. Grandma Sharon took Gray to the hotel were the girls were beforehand, and he charmed their socks off. From what I was told, he was a hit. Atta boy son! Good job. Heather made it home later that night, so her days away from Gray count remains at one.

Since the weekend, it has been back to Daddy and Gray mornings and afternoons as Heather works the UGA women's basketball camps on campus. She is home in the afternoon, but has to go back for a late night meeting. Wednesday marks the end for this camp, and Graylon and I are glad. While I'm at home with Gray, I am currently taking an online study course for my Health and Life Insurance licence. I plan to go to work for Liberty National Insurance in the near future. So, any blog followers out there looking for any insurance, you know who to call.

Enjoy the pics. The video was on my facebook page, but those of you not on facebook...here you go. Talk to you all again soon.


Currently his favorite chew toy is his hands. We're trying to change that...hence, the teething ring.


Now you can't tell me that he doesn't look at least 3 years old when he's in this thing. He's gettin' huge!


Grandma Sharon and her muscle man grandson


Ok, ok...I'll admit SOME similarities in mother and son. I'm just kidding. He looks a lot like his Mommy.


Sara melting all over Graylon.


Kathryn was getting her Gray on!


Looks like Graylon was the center of attention. I'm sure Aunt Caryn didn't mind sharing her night with him.

3 comments:

Grandma Sharon said...

I didn't realize what paradise it was until I had to come back to reality on Monday. I miss you terribly. Mommy and Daddy - thanks for the opportunity.... Can't wait to do it again! I love you Gray baby.

Granna said...

Thanks for the update - it feels like forever since I've seen him. It sure brightens my day at work to suddenly see new pictures of Gray, and everyone else who happens to touch his life. Keep up the good posts !! Love, Granna

Anonymous said...

I DID melt over Gray! Such a precious angel... Can't wait to see him at the wedding!
~ Sara