Friday, June 12, 2009

Baths and Tummy Time

We're almost to another Saturday, so that means Gray is about to be another week older. Tomorrow marks twelve weeks. Who reading this can believe that? He's getting so big, and each day we find something new that he can do. Since his two month doctor's visit we've been putting a daily emphasis on "tummy time." His neck is really strong already, and the more we practice the faster he'll hit crawling. He's still got a ways to go, but we sure are proud of him.

He's also becoming more mature as it pertains to bath time. On accident, I found a calming tool for him during a bath. The small tub was getting very soapy, so to rinse his hair I ran the bath water into the big tub to get non-soapy water. He was crying and fussing before I turned on the water, but once it was on, he became silent. Not a peep out of him the rest of the bath. The next night I told Heather about my discovery, so we were ready for him once he cried. Sure enough...we dipped into the bath, and he started crying. We turned on the water immediately and no more crying. On the third day, we sat him in the water and he didn't cry period. We'll see where he goes from here. Enjoy the pictures. Additionally, Mommy shot some cute video footage of tummy time.


He's not crying. That's his work out face. He makes the same expression when he bench presses.


He's gotta make sure that Mommy is watching.


Gray is cool as a cucumber during his bath. Thankfully the wash rag keeps the blog rated PG.


No, he's not drunk. The camera was flashing extra bright is all.


Ahhh, now that the bath his over, I'll enjoy a little hand snack.


2 comments:

Grandma Sharon said...

I love the video. It sounded like he said "good job"...in fact, I'm quite sure he was trying to. I wonder what's up with the water running that makes him quiet down. Whatever works!

Mommy said...

Daddy...in the picture of me watching Graylon during tummy time, Graylon looks just like you!