Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gray's First Independence Day

Gray got to check off a 4th state on his "States Visited" list this weekend. Added to Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee is now Kentucky. Thursday evening we loaded up and headed for my grandparents house in Belton, Kentucky. We stopped by my parents house in White, GA on the way to combine vehicles. We barely fit in the F-150. Gray does not travel light. We hit a snag on traffic, but still got to Gran Gran's just a little after midnight. We arrived to the smell of pickles. Yes, my grandmother was jarring her own pickles. The finished product was very good, so I can't complain about the aroma present upon arrival.

Friday was golf for the guys and a taco bash in the evening for the early 4th of July arrivals. The next day was action packed as over 60 people flooded Gran Gran's neighbor's home. That neighbor is my Uncle Ric and Aunt Barb. The Independence Day celebration doubled as a quasi-family reunion. A variety of games were played from Corn Hole to balloon toss. Also, proof that my cousins and I are all grown up was obvious as babies and little kids were everywhere! It rained, but we didn't let that ruin the party. An adult slip-n-slide and fireworks prevailed and everyone seemed to have a very good time. Thanks a lot Ric and Barb for being such wonderful hosts. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

PS...Happy 2nd Birthday to my niece Jocey Lynn Byers. Her Auntie H and Uncle Mike love her so much and hope she has a great birthday.


There is he is...everyone's favorite stare down competitor.


Brev and Gray hanging out. Check out that smile on Brevin.


I told you...kids everywhere!


Emily's personality resonates through this picture. She is a lot of fun to be around.


Mommy and cousin Kyleigh trying to stay dry during a soggy Independence Day.


No offense Gran Gran, but you look like you're in hog heaven. She loves her two-days-apart grandkids.


Graylon, don't take it personally. Ole Grandpa just doesn't smile in pictures much. He loves you a lot though. **Side note** Gray looks just like me at his age in this picture.


The balloon toss picture puts the number of attendees into perspective.


I wasn't kidding about the adult slip-n-slide. Bring it on Rain!

3 comments:

Grandma Sharon said...

I absolutely love this post Mike. Looks like you guys had a blast. Little Gray looks like a bruiser next to Kyleigh! I absolutely love the shirts. I'll have to agree the pic of Graylon with Grandpa sure looks like his daddy. Such a good looking little thing!

Granna said...

Thanks for the re-cap of a fun weekend! Love it!

Caryn said...

Sad we missed it! Love yall!