Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Present World of Graylon Michael

Gray recovered from Aunt Caryn and Uncle J's wedding this week. He did a fine job of sliding right back into his routine, and he's had a happy week. Oh and by the way, he is officially sleeping THROUGH the night with very few hitches. His routine goes something like this: Bath time is between 6:45 and 7:45 every night. Depending on when he took bottles that day, either a bottle right before or right after the bath. He is ready for and in bed before 8:00 almost every night. Occasionally, he'll lose his pacifier before he's in deep sleep and he'll wake up, but paci back in is all it takes to knock him back out. And besides that, he is asleep until any time between 6:00 am and 8:00 am. Like I said, there have been a few exceptions, but they are becoming less common.

Another big first is in store for Graylon this weekend. He makes his first trip to Muhlenburgh County, Kentucky. The now annual, 4th of July Blowout takes place this weekend and Gray will be in attendance. Nearly 70 people will be there playing all kinds of games and enjoying friends, family, fellowship, and fireworks. I am personally thrilled to be taking my son to the place where so many of my vacation memories took place as a kid. And although he got to meet several family members for the first time this past weekend, he'll now finally get to spend some good quality get-to-know-me time with everyone. Gray is once again a jabber-mouth, and he won't shut up about it. We are all really excited about this weekend.

A little side note: Everyone please keep me in your thoughts and prayers this Tuesday, July 7th, as I take my state Health and Life Insurance exam. I will be prepared for the exam, but any and every bit of prayer helps. I'll keep you all posted on that front. Enjoy more Gray cuteness in the meantime.


It's Super Gray...Grandma's look the other way. I know you both got nervous just looking at this picture.


Ain't nothing like a shirtless Gray to make you say awww. Yeah, his unbiased father says he's cute.


"I'm good at a lot of things, but sucking on my fingers might be what I'm best at."


I swear he looks 3 years old in this picture. I guess no onesie, with a t-shirt and shorts, with tons of hair on his head will do that.

2 comments:

Granna said...

Thanks for the breath of fresh air in this corporate world. This blog & photos remind me of what really matters! Can't wait to see you all today ! Love, Granna

Grandma Sharon said...

Mike - you know granna and grandma very well. The superman one was cute though, I'll have to admit. I can't believe how old he looks in that t shirt and shorts. Must be the beautiful LONG eyelashes! He gets these from Aunt Caryn.