Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy 4 Month B-day My Sweet Baby Gray!


Dear Graylon,

Happy 4 month birthday! I can’t believe that four months have passed since the day that I first met you. You have grown so much and continue to change right before my eyes. This past month, you have become more vocal. I feel like you are telling me stories each time I lay beside you and talk to you. You start talking the minute you wake up in the morning. You play in your crib and only fuss when you are hungry. You have also starting laughing which makes me laugh too. It is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. You are so good at your tummy time. I can lay you there for a while and you just look around like a little turtle with your head popped up. You really enjoy your bath time too. You have started kicking your arms and legs and splashing in the water. We have so much fun. One of your new favorite things to do is to jump. You love your jumperoo toy and when I am holding you, you start trying to jump yourself. I help you out of course. You still love your time with your daddy. You love to lie in his lap and talk to him. You have started using your hands more too. You are reaching for my face and your daddy’s nose now. You know what your pacifier is and when I show it to you, you grab my hand with both of your hands and pull it to you so that the pacifier goes right into your mouth. When you are hungry and your daddy or I are shaking your bottle getting it ready, you look at it in amazement. You know that you are getting ready to eat when you see your bottle. Your daddy and I keep up with your poopie schedule and we start getting concerned when you haven’t gone in two days. You always surprise us and put us at ease when you have a major blowout! I know it’s silly, but I love changing your poopie diaper and believe me your daddy let’s me change every single one I want…haha! I love watching you sleep in your crib. Your daddy and I only wrap your legs now and leave your arms out. You sleep with your arms above your head most of the time. It is so cute. You spit out your paci sometimes during the night and sometimes, we have to come put it back in. You are getting better at putting yourself to sleep in your crib when we lay you down awake. You are still not on a structured schedule, but we are getting there. At night, we have tried to get you into a routine of bath time, bottle, and then bed. You are pretty good at it too. You go to sleep around 7:30 p.m. and sleep until 5 or 6 a.m. This isn't every night but most of the time. I can’t wait to take you to your doctor’s appointment next Tuesday to see what your official weight and length are. I know you are going to do great with your shots again. You are such a big boy! I love you Graylon!

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Granna said...

So sweet....love those gray eyes !!